Websites and Online PresenceI can create a website just for you according to your specifications. For instance, I can build:
- Static websites: Content is set when I build the website and does not change.
- Editable websites: A hidden back-end allows you to change the text, pictures, etc. which visitors see.
- Completely customized websites: Built from scratch exactly as you like.
- Websites based on WordPress, etc.: These websites reuse well-tested code and can be customized, but only to a certain extent.
- Websites which allow visitors to log in to see user-specific information.
- Websites which interface with your pre-existing databases.
- New sections and update for your current website.
I can also build and maintain Facebook pages, Twitter feeds, YouTube channels, etc. to help you increase your web presence.
Custom SoftwareI can provide:
- Small scripts to help automate repetitive tasks.
- GUI-based software to interface with back-end processes.
- Improvements and bug fixes to software you've already had built.
- Full-scale programs to do whatever you need done! (Managing payroll? Printing invoices? Handwriting recognition? Implementing the new version of Scrabble you've been dreaming about?)
In general, I develop using Perl, Java, MATLAB and C/C++, depending on what the job calls for.
QA Testing, Bug Fixes and DocumentationHave you commissioned software or a website from someone else and been left in the lurch? I can fix up other people's messes by providing:
- QA testing: I will search for and fix the bugs other developers may have left in your software.
- Quality control/proofreading: If your website is full of broken links, images that don't work or if ur websight sinply loooks lyke thiz, I can help.
- Documentation: If you have no idea how to use the unintuitive software someone else dropped in your lap, I can write you clear, comprehensive technical documentation.
By the way: Any software originally commissioned from me will automatically include comprehensive documentation and free (and very apologetic!) bug fixes for a limited time after delivery.